Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Enjoying my Throne (elevated chair)

18.VI.07 - MoM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW, MARTY!!!

Oh! the wonders of modern technology. When the doctor called the drug store with the Celebrex Rx it flagged it due to some sulfa and penicillin things in the past. The dentist prescribed it. I vaguely remember having a little nausea while using some dentist prescribed things. My current weekly nurse had taken it on herself to tell the doctor that I was having a little leg pain, so it was a surprise to me when the pharmacy called. I have been having good luck with plain Tylenol, so I checked with my Pharmacist to see if I could take both when the Celebrex was mildly successful and got an okay. With all this, I had a comfortable day and was up and even more active today.

This is shaping up to be a rather busy week. Amber, the summer intern at the paper called this morning to see if she could take some new pictures as her boss had suggested one of me doing something with the computer instead of just sitting on the deck. This whole thing has really spiraled almost out of control. She said that the article is about 1,000 words.

Tomorrow, the nurse is coming about 8 a.m., to check my vitals. Wednesday, Ann Jacobs is bringing in lunch. Then there are two visits from the PT gal to fit in during the week -- one of which will be on Friday. She had suggested raising my recliner about 4" off the floor to make it easier to get out of it. Charlie was here so over the weekend he made a super platform, very sturdy, and "installed" it this morning. It has made a wonderful difference for getting from chair to walker. There were always a few anxious seconds as I transferred control to the walker. I was going to be a little more apprehensive after I managed to upset the walker this morning while getting the paper. It was the first time in the 9 months this has ever happened. I am still not sure how I managed to remain out of the mess.

Sandy was helping Charlie this afternoon, so she came by and my bird feeders are filled again. There was an Indigo Bunting at the front feeder! Charlie caught a very interesting butterfly. As soon as it dries out (could be up to a month or so) it is going to be a part of a card.

This afternoon, Sandy picked up some Tex-Mex food for me at our little local place near the University. A large taco made my main meal tonight. For tomorrow, I have a tamale and beans. All of this is much better than anything from "Meals on Wheels."

I had one of my infrequent sleepless nights last night. It has turned cool and we had a little rain today, It seems to be shaping up to be a good sleeping night. It is really going to be hard to stay awake till a decent time for going to sleep.

It was too late this afternoon for good light to try to do some more on the current letter I am trying to copy from a very pale letter. Will try again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home