Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Living Years

Gainesville

You're sleeping better than I am these days, Mom. I went to bed late (after 3:00 AM) but was still wide awake when it started to get light. Slept until late morning after that, but 4-5 hours is just not enough. No matter what I do , can't seem to adjust my sleep patterns to East Coast time. Oh well, it's only been... 43 years. Let's give it a chance!

It's good of you to keep calling Aunt Dotty as well as Thea. Visiting her last January made a vivid impression on me, and I can understand how much it means to her to hear from you, a touchstone to times and places she still remembers.

Bill went along when I shopped, so all kinds of strange things found their way home. We dined on spicy sushi and vegetarian hot dogs in whole wheat snuggle buns-- not exactly Plan A! I couldn't get several of the things I needed for other meals I had planned this week, so it looks a bit chaotic as of now. I need to sit down and revise the plan to something more possible.

Was hoping to find Kirby cukes, featured in EdC 43, but no such luck. Bought a bunch of cukes ordinaire, and will do the best I can with them. Can't help remembering years when there were cukes coming out the waz, and what to do with them. One of those years was even while living in this house-- back when I was young and foolish enough to believe a postage stamp sized patch of sunlight on the lawn would a garden make.

The Stolen Child is a truly amazing book. I'm halfway through it, and though I never want to recommend something I haven't finished... this one is a keeper. And I can imagine how wonderful it might be to hear it on audio.

I am struggling to keep myself "unspoiled" re Sopranos finale, even though I'm two whole seasons behind. I really should shut myself up for a few weeks and watch the last two. Of course, that requires waiting for the final season to actually be released.

Okay, it's after 1:00, still fairly early for a Saturday night. Aiming for a 2:00 lights out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home