Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Haircut (Real Job to Follow)

Gainesville

Glad to hear your recovery continues going well, Mom. Sounds as if you are doing your job, and regaining both strength and mobility.

And thanks for continuing the transcription of Dad's letter re: the 1985 visit. Interesting to have all the details, and from his point of view. I especially remember that morning in Rome, literally running around to touch base with all the places I'd loved on that first visit. I was exhausted by afternoon, and mainly relaxed in the Forum. Feeling like I was home.

Finally got that long delayed haircut. Instead of venturing near campus, I walked in to the Super Cuts shop near our Publix. I wanted it short, and she did as I asked. Bill calls me "Princess Valiant," but I think I look like the Little Dutch Boy. You'd hate it, Mom, but I'm very happy to have it out of my eyes and off my shoulders-- it's about chin length. Looks like I have much more hair, too, which is always good.

Got the food shop done. No good looking fish, so I got some very fresh Mayport (Jax) shrimp and stir fried them simply in a mix of olive oil and butter along with some garlic and lemon juice. Did an ad hoc slaw, and some fresh baked sunflower bread on the side. Not a bad meal at all.

Reading in the books I bought yesterday-- they all are interesting, but have not fixated on one of them yet.

Sleep now. Tomorrow is Party! The Sequel. Looking forward to that one being over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home