Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Various Plan Bs

Gainesville

Did not feel like going out today, so shopping or other Questing did not get done. Bill requested a fashion show of what I bought yesterday. He pronounced the Plan B dress acceptable, but when I wore one of the frivolous tops with some slacks, he said, "THAT's what you should wear." It's a dusty pink tunic sort of thing with a panel of pique down the front, and draw-string ties, empire style, a very light jersey-ish fabric. (I'm so lame at describing clothes these days. Will have to take a picture.) He correctly points out that it's a summer party, and that last time the hostess was in slacks. God knows I'd be more comfortable in slacks any day of the week.

Spent some time working on a newly considered spreadsheet approach for eliminating the comics dups, and it went better than I expected. Would like to have this pull-list done by Monday. I need to get a haircut before Tuesday's party, so the easiest way to do that is to go in with Bill Monday instead of Wednesday, as the haircut place is right across the street from the library.

Made the pork chops with pineapple/mustard topping that I'd planned for last Wednesday. Now I need to get rid of everything from the fridge before shopping tomorrow. I've made a start at a weekly menu, but the details and sides are not set.

Watched the O's lose to the Rockies while eating and after. It was a local broadcast from Baltimore, and I always enjoy those-- the local commercials are such fun. First one I've managed to catch this season, and it's the main reason I pay outrageous prices to the satellite company for the baseball package. Well, that and the chance to have baseball noise on tap nearly any time I need it.

Sounds like your latest re-entry is going well, Mom. Eat chicken pie 'til it's coming out of your ears, if that's what appeals to you. I do envy you Sandy's ribs tomorrow, though. I think I'll try to make her Xmas Eve recipe for4th of July.

We had the requisite thunder gloom and doom late this afternoon, but no rain. For once, the humidity is welcome, as it discourages fire. And the lack of puddles around is keeping the mosquito population more depressed than usual. Which is anything other than depressing for the humans!

Bedtime, time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home