Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sticky Wicket

Gainesville

Spent way too much time today twittering and frittering-- following one link that led to another and another. Not good. I did get the three things I had on my to-do list done, but nothing else beyond the basic daily routines. My brain is exploding. Think I need to read some trash and eat some ice cream. Oh wait. I did both of those things already today, and it didn't help.

I did better with dinner tonight, despite spending less time on it: chicken breasts sauteed in olive oil, then chopped spinach, garlic, cream and parmesan briefly cooked after chicken removed from skillet. Layered up as follows: spaghetti squash noodles, spinach mixture, chicken. I was surprised at how tasty it was, and took less than an hour to do.

Too bad the hospital is not better wired... or should I say wireless-ed? That is becoming increasingly ubiquitous most places. Seems like a natural therapeutic strategy-- keep the patients actively busy, using their brains, not just passively watching the tube. Somebody should write a grant.

Speaking of which, I didn't do anything on the comics project today. Any grant-writing has to wait until I have that done. Or so I tell myself.

At any rate, I'm glad to see you continue blogging. Who knew that FlyLady would inspire such a long-term project as this? One or the other of us (with a little help from our kin) have posted something here every day for nearly... five years! Quite an achievement, and a good example of the changes the digital/wired world is making in daily life-- stitching together families as well as ad hoc communities of interest.

So as not to lose the thread, here is another image in the series of Before pictures of my chaos. This is facing north. That's the family clock in the middle. the white bags are all styrofoam peanuts that should be recycled-- do the Mailboxes, Etc. places take them? and that stack on the left is Bill's slide carousels. Incidentally, when I went in there today, I was startled by a sight of noticeable progress: the bag of styrofoam I put in the trash yesterday made the left side of the fireplace ... visible. Must keep this tiny bit of momentum alive. Baby Steps. You continue yours down the hallway, I'll continue mine in the chaos room. Deal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home