Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

MoM Here

3.VI.07 - MoM

Another day has oozed by with nothing really new. The food gets more tiresome and dull and a really struggle to coax down. Only one more ugh to go for today. The only thing going for it is having someone prepare it and I can have variations. Wonder how "meals on wheels" will be.

At least my mental confusion is improving some. Tomorrow the staples are to come out. I did the required walking with only one more to go after dinner, the Meta has things functioning again, so much so that I skipped today. I was wide awake by 5 a.m., this morning. Nothing much comes alive that early. Finally by 6:30 I was tired a just lying there with no good TV available and breakfast not till after 8, I asked for a Boost. It did fill the void but in general was too gooey sweet. The very young food server tries so hard. The Boost had completely spoiled my appetite for the "Cream of Wheat" that she had made less gooey for me to be as much like grits as possible. (She is from Texas.)

Enough griping for today. I have done the 2 required walks down to the end of the hallway. Spent some mind numbing time is the chair -- haven't been able to focus on the newspapers piling up. Think I'll ask Sandy and Charlie for help getting computer to be available while I sit in my chair. I am working in bed currently, late afternoon and the first I have used it today. Of course, my fault. Earlier I had "scored" a few more note cards, not too easy to do with the light I have.

All this blog is good for to is to let you know I am still alive and kicking. Will miss all the positive feedback I get here. Look forward to my comfortable chair and my own things.

Have to chop this off -- as they are going to make me move to a chair. The cord doesn't reach. Of yes, I am fully charged so I can play solitaire for a little while. Perhaps, I can score an extension for tomorrow. Sandy and Charlie will be for today's visit. I called Thea today. Quite a struggle as her ears were not working well, so didn't last too long. Must have heard it all over the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home