Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Ruthless

Gainesville

Spent yesterday in frenzied flurry of housekeepery. Kitchen and bathrooms mostly, but made the flood-produced toxic waste dump in the bedroom go away, too, and started putting my closet stuff in bags to dump or go to Good Will. Got the hall bathroom shower in good shape for us both to use.

After dinner at Outback (no Mel!) we stopped by Lowe's to look at bathroom stuff, especially showers, and picked up a book about bathroom design ideas. Bill found some good stuff on the web also.

Today I measured the master bathroom in some detail and made a rough sketch. If I had a working scanner, I'd send it along to show what we're starting with, and offer ideas. We're agreed that we want an all-in-one shower unit. Question is, whether to get one with a tub-- to increase resale value of house. Despite what plumber told me, they do make them in sizes as big as 3' x 5'. Cabinets must be replaced, and I want a place to sit down and put on make-up. No where in present house to do that.

I ruthlessly purged the fridge yesterday, so menu planning starts with a relatively clean slate: a fennel bulb, some mushrooms, some sliced cabbage and leftover cooked broccoli. But I have no desire to make anything in particular. Wishing I had a working grill-- feel like the only person in America without one, according to newspapers, magazines and cookbooks. But it's just Not Nice outside, and I can't get into the idea of a gas or electric grill. Wah wah wah.

Gonna go read and drink some more gin. Best idea I've had all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home