Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, July 09, 2007

RL?

Gainesville

Another hot one here-- big surprise. Went food shopping in the late afternoon, and Bill came along. They had a delightful ready to cook pinwheel salmon wrapped around a spinach/artichoke sauce-- must find recipe to make this from scratch. The problem will be finding skinless salmon. Also had sushi that Bill picked out and a quick cuke and rice vinegar/mint salad. I had a fan and the range exhaust on while running the oven, so the temp was tolerable in the kitchen when we ate.

Julia's back in town! How sweet of her to bring you a gift, Mom. And I'm glad to hear you have an easier way to get in and out of your storm cellar.

Can you believe there is yet a third invitation from the Provost?! This one is to WELCOME the new dean of libraries -- the previous two were say farewell/thanks to departing and interim incumbents. It specifies the dress as "Business Attire." Surely I still have something in my closet that qualifies as that. Though it leaves me with an unused Cocktail Dress. Ah well.

Seems I spend most of my time in front of the computer screen, a lot of the rest reading. Somewhere between these two virtual realities, I supposedly have a RL (real life). I wonder what that is all about?

Very happy to report that repeated applications of Liquid Plumber and boiling water completely cleared our tub/shower-- how lovely to not be standing in ankle-deep water while showering!

There are clean sheets on the bed. I hear their siren call. And it's harmonizing with snores. Time to close eyes and get flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home