Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Go, Gromit! (D)

Gainesville

Wotta day. In early for a 9:00 meeting with the boss and one co-worker-- only to find out she'd intended to schedule it for 10:00 -- she was sleepier than I was! Not much of a meeting, at that. It was non-stop from there, and I had no time to spend with My Box in Spec Coll, not even time for lunch at my desk.

Did the major re-write of the presentation for the Library-- adding more geeky library stuff and xml-tech stuff. Doesn't feel quite so light-weight now. Shortened the Sandman/History part, and found a better draft of the Beyond the Balloon draft, so replace a lot of that part. This meant having to completely renumber the 170 slides within the text (again). And a new slide print-out (9 per page) has to be renumbered by hand (again). This part is just drudgery. But it's coming along. I think I will indeed be ready to freeze it on Friday.

We got home late again. Good thing I'd made and frozen the turkey burgers (used that press-together wrap to keep them separate but together, if you know what I mean) -- so just had to slice up and sautee some sliced onions and mushrooms and throw together a Tex-Mex cole slaw, and we ate almost on time.

Looks like the Directors are being pressured into reading something for the Readathon this year, so Bill is going to have to do it, too. Of course, he will be wonderful at whatever he decides to do. He's considering some Bill Bryson, some Stephen King, or maybe the great classic, Click Clack, Cows That Type. I'm still planning to read chapter 3 of Coraline, complete with singing one verse of the Rat Song.

I ended up watching the rest of Wallace and Gromit: Attack of the Were-Rabbit last night. It is incredibly wonderful-- I laughed myself silly, and know I didn't catch even half of what was going on. I have no doubt that IT was the Best Movie of the Year, by a mile! Gromit wins the Oscar for best performance in a non-speaking role -- all done with eyes made out of two marbles. Astonishing. And I adored Lady Toffee. And all the great gardening stuff.

Nice to have Chris posting some comments! I think that means all of us have checked in one way or another within the past week or so. Neat-o!

Tuesday, November 11, 1952
316th Day--50 Days to Follow

Dear Diary

Armistice Day

This morning we stayed in bed til ten o'clock. When we got up we did our work and Mom painted the window. after lunch, Sandy went down to Patty's & Later Joyce came down & played with me. Patricia lent me some science fiction books to read. Pretty good. Suzy

[Nothing for Nov 12-23]

Friday, November 14, 1952
319th Day--47 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning It was raining so we had to take the bus. It started out to be a rainy day sced. But by noon the sun was shining so we switched to fair W.S. In the middle of noon it began to rain. So Rainy day sc. When school was out it was nice again. We got our door knobs today. We watched "Tales of Tommorrow" about a mummy. Spooky. Suzy

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

Charlie and I actually went to the movies to see the Wallace and Gromit film as soon as it came out. We loved it, of course. I recommend, also, "Chicken Run" (Nick Park but without W & G), and of course the short W & G movies. I'll have to get the Were-Rabbit on DVD so we can see it again and, as you suggest, catch more of it. Goes by very fast!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Marty said...

We bought it on dvd the day it came out. Ben loves it - we had already acquainted him with W & G because I have all 3 shorts on video tape. He often wants "cheese on square crackers" for a snack these days, and he says "Lovely cheeese, Gromit" when I give it to him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home