Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Aftermath

Gainesville

Waiting for Bill to arrive home. His plane doesn't get in til after 11:00. He did not want me to drive to the airport alone at night, although I'd have willingly done so. I'll go fetch him for some reason he can't get a cab.

Nice spring day here too, and of course, the aftermath of the Victory was very much in the air. I wore a gator shirt, as did many others in the Library. A group of them even went out to the racetrack for a celebration with the team. I didn't feel like I should do that, being such a fair weather fan, and no basketball fan at all. And of course, there wasn't a newspaper to be found anywhere.

Actually, it's Sandy's and Chris' team too-- they both genuine alumni. However, I guess the Gators count as my home town team.

Had the windows open tonight, as the air is cool and sweet. Definitely time to turn off the pilot lights on our gas area heaters.

Got all the blessings done this week for a change. And have the stuff all chopped and browned to toss in the crock pot in the morning. Clothes laid out. Sink shined.

Watching the Yanks at the A's for the second night in a row. Which teams do I like now? I've gotten kind of distanced from the Orioles-- they are a completely different team now. I like the Giants, the Cubs, the A's, the Marlins, and Boston. Oh and of course the hapless Devil Rays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home