Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

"Home for good and all . . . ."

I remember your line too, Suze, as well as my own. I never had a crush on Lee Gentry, but I remember when Patty (and you) did. And of course Steve Flynn. I was still crushed on Dick Estill. Funny thing; a week ago today when Ma and I were at Rancho, we parked right at the corner where Dick always parked his bike if he was there. When I saw his bike there I'd always be thrilled, because it meant if I was lucky I'd see him and he'd say hi.

Thanks so much for the Diry, Suze. It's been wonderful!

Quick kitchen notes:

I made the creamed leeks from EdC, and they were quite good. I made half a recipe, and it lasted two meals and there's still some left. Our leeks are pretty wizened (in paper bags in downstairs fridge), but when the dry layers are peeled off, they're still good in the center. Getting pretty near the end.

Also have now made the stuffed pork tenderloin from the most recent FC. It was very good, too. I'd boil down the sherry vinegar some before adding the chicken broth to the sauce (otherwise the vinegar is a little sharp). The filling is very easy and quite good. Rolling up a pork tenderloin is not so easy, but it doesn't have to be perfect. I'd like to know how someone pounds one to 1/4 inch thick. I didn't have the patience, I guess. Anyway, it's worth looking for shitake mushrooms for it; Green Giant now has them in many stores.

Saturday, after a week of school visits and wood piling. My cold is pretty much gone; just a lingering cough, nothing serious.
Spring lurks on the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home