Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Slowly but surely some more progress

29.III.07 - MoM

I actually did a "mise en place" and fixed a meal for me -- one of DoD and my favorites but a meal Sandy loves to hate: Veal with red wine, chicken broth, artichokes and black olives. Will do the wild rice that goes with it tomorrow. I won't be having it tonight, as I ate at it constantly this afternoon while it was cooking so I don't have to bother to eat further. I had one of the mini cans of coke but that doesn't begin to take the place of a taste of gin. Since all seems to be well with my surgery, I may have 1 oz of gin on ice sipped to stretch it to last an hour plus tonight.

The FL brainwashing continues to influence my life. Even though my desk is still neat there was still a lot of untouched mess in the area around it. There was a paper sack beside it filled with junk and more little things hiding behind it. That got checked through and tossed. I finished off the newspapers from our last CA trip and got them in recycle pile. That cleared the area around my secondary laptop. I also cleared off the junk on the HP printer there and some other stuff in the area. I got the receipts for 2005 shredded and the ones for 2006 into that empty box. Since it is a small box, I will maybe keep it till for the year, although I know it isn't necessary. It takes a little time to break lifelong habits. Paige cleaned this morning so things are in pretty good shape. However, again the mess around my recliner is needs purging again. It seems to grow while I look at it.

Rita came up this afternoon to help me dress my latest wound. I was surprised at the length of the cut. It is troublesome to cover as it needs to be behind and in front of my earlobe with one of the stitches on the ear. Rita really takes this seriously and said she would be worrying again until I was healed. I wish it wouldn't itch so much. Dr. Crank called this afternoon to check to see how I was doing and if there was anything I needed. I would say she is in her mid-30's but has a real talent with the needle and "thread."

Too tired (or is it lazy) to go into the letter "file" to find another letter to copy, so will chop this off for tonight and ever so slowly sip my gin while I play yet another game of Freecell or do a another X-word while I listen but don't watch MSNBC till can't stay awake any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home