Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Guilt-Free

Gainesville

Know I'm talking to myself, but here goes anyway.

Put a big push on yesterday and finished the comics duplicates-marking project. Sorted it by box, printed it out. Was already to go in to the Library this afternoon and start in earnest.

Usually on Friday Bill comes home at noon, we have lunch, then I go back in with him. Today, either I wasn't clear that I wanted to come in, or he forgot; doesn't matter which. I had gotten up fairly early, changed and washed towels (trying once again for a 3-times-per-week schedule, MWF), did a load of whites, and got the bathrooms and their floors cleaned. A full compliment of the Weekly Blessings finished up, even including lowering my coffee table stack to minimal levels. Even got the menus planned and shopping list made for a change. All by about 12:30. (The neighbors say, "She must be on dope." Remember dear Brother Dave?)

The end result was that I had a gloriously uncommitted and guilt-free afternoon all to myself! Ate a late lunch. Watched Stewart/Colbert. Finished the Houston Chronicle 4-star Sudoku. Read some comics (Lucifer) and some LoTR. (We're just now leaving Lothlorien.) Took a snooze. And... relaxed for a change. Nice.

Hope all's well with everyone-- that Chris & Kay are having a good visit, that Julia is enjoying her camping trip to Zumbro Falls (strangely, I've heard of this place, though I don't know why-- maybe from the La Crosse years?) and that Sandy and Charlie are enjoying their getaway.

Yesterday's mail brought the official reservation forms for my MVUHS 50th Year Reunion. I mentioned this to Bill and he was filled with revulsion! What possible good could come out of an event like this??!! Well, he may have a point. Yes, I'd love to see Carolyn and Mike again, since they are now good friends in my present life via email, but as he points out, it would be better to get together with them under less fraught circumstances. The three events are Golf/Dinner, All-Year Picnic, and Class of 57 Dinner. Do ANY of these sound like a good time under the best of circumstances? How about with people in their late 60's whom you haven't seen in 50 years? Okay, I'll have to admit, Bill is probably right. Unless there is some other compelling reason to go out there in early October, I think I'll pass.

Making Old Fashioneds again tonight. Bill has become mildly addicted to them. They are a bitch to make, but I consider it a labor of love. And just as I typed that, I hear, "Barmaid!" and I'm off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home