Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Quickie Tonight!

17.VII.07 - MoM

Last night was one of the most sleepless that I can remember. I got to bed late (after mid-night) and had a little over an hours sleep then could not get to sleep until about 5 a.m., and then only only had about another hour till 6 a.m. A lot of the time I just semi-reclined in my chair and just sat. I did get in a couple of small naps during the day.

It was a lazy day, with my PT session in the middle of it, A couple of 15 minute naps didn't help much. Had my usual exercise routine and took a couple of quick naps.

I eaten reasonably but not a lot today. I keep dozing off while typing this so I am going to post it unread and go to bed NOW. Paige is coming early to clean then Chris and Kay are due some time after spending the night near the airport tonight.

Will get back to what ever normal is in a few weeks.

* * * * *

Daily Notes from Saalfelden, Austria, from our life there.

22.I.87 69.0 Kg Donnerstag

CHRIS' BIRTHDAY. Woke up with neck and general headache. A little better when on my back. Still not good when I get up about 5:30 a.m., so took a half Valium and two plain Tylenols after my cookies and tea. Helped after a little while. Had planned to make it by the dentists today for sure as my tooth gave me a bit of trouble yesterday afternoon, But by then my headache was really hurting. It had been 3 hours so I took one of the local Bayer aspirin and decided to wait until tomorrow for going to the dentist's. Funny, just as soon as I decided that, my headache was gone! It had been hurting down into my shoulder, so was more like the so called arthritis. Did wash my haiir in case I decided to gotomorrow.

Baked a bunch of my breakfast choc chip cookies, Got all of the stuff together ready to mix before DoD was out of bed. Got them into the oven as soon as he was out of the way with his breakfast preparations. Finally got the red and green quilted material sewed together at the edges so I could wash it prior to making another Kaftan yesterday, so got that washed this morning.

Well, so moods do swing on the plans for the future. When I got up this morning, I was ready to move back to WVA anytime and the 1 year, 4 months, plus the week or two seems like a long time. I am sure, I will change my feelings back and forth many times. Will be hard the day we leave here for the last time, I am sure. Like when the dollar lost the small gain it had made yesterday, I wondered how I could get thru the rest of the time with this yoyo exercise. Would be better if I just didn't hear it each day, ut since I like to listen to AFN, it is hard to avoid. Besides, we need to keep track so we can cash running epense checks on the better days. Yesterday's Herald Tribune had 5 articles on the mess of the dollar and further gloom and doom.

In the afternoon, I made an apple pie. I had been lulled into how easy it was to make a pie by using the small casserole lid that takes only one crust recipe to make a top and bottom by just pouring in the already prepared apricots. Did manage to use up about 10 more apples from the basement. They are keeping well. Just the skins drying a little. By the time I finished the pie it was time to start dinner, So yesterday was a lot of tie spent in the kitchen. I did not have any chest or back pains which makes me wonder further about the arthritis bit.

Made veal schnitzel and did potatoes in the Micro. Tried one of the Igloo vegetable mixes in a sauce pan, slowly with butter. Very good. Crust great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home