Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Improving daily!

16.VII.07 - MoM

You are correct about the incorrect date -- thanks for finding and fixing. The wrong year was on the original, too. I guess as it was so early in a new year that I slipped back.

Again, I accomplished very little. I am always slow to get going on Monday's as I like to do the NYTimes x-word puzzle and I'm still not done.

My leg continues to improve. I can get around the kitchen supporting myself on the counters or around most of the kitchen with the large walker. Charlie was able to reattach the knife holder panel back to the chopping block in the center of the kitchen now that I don't need that little bit of extra room. Today, while Sandy was in my "office," for some reason, I found that without thinking, I had left my walker behind and had taken about a half dozen steps without it. Oopps! I won't do that again for a while yet as to return there were no supports on the side that I needed them. I was glad Sandy was near to get the walker. Maybe the surgeon was not so far wrong when in passing he mentioned something about my walking unaided in a few weeks. We had both thought, "Ha, ha." I am not going to push it especially as this new walker is so much easier to use. I used the old one for that first break for most of 8 months,

The drought in the southwest and the southeast (including FL) looks scary. Of course, we are dry here, but nothing like that, According to the stuff I see on TV. We did get a few 10th this week, but the one due from western MN tonight has turned south into Iowa. It was a nice cool spell we enjoyed last week, but I'm sure we'll make up for it before too long. I haven't had he AC on today, but it seems to be warming up. I may sleep without any "covers" tonight -- still in my chair.

* * * * *

Saalfelden, Austria, notes.

21.I.87 69.0 Kg Mittwoch

Started the dishwasher at 5:15 a.m., then got back in bed till DoD got up at 5.45. I was having some trouble by then with headache, but trying to pass it off as yesterday's tears that can give me an "emotional hangover." Was better tho when I got up so can't be all that. Then the side of the head, etc., came back again mid-morning. Could not go to see about a dentist appointment as my eyes are still a mess. Can't call for one as the girls do not speak English and it is so much harder to do things like that by phone. Still hoping to have my head clear up again as it did for a few days so I don't have to try to get involved with a doctor. Had some pain after lunch but a couple of Tylenols helped that.

Feeling better about the whole moving thing but will miss a lot of things -- especially the good snow, the mountains and walking. DoD says we will find places to walk, but it would not be very often as it would have to be in town away from bugs. Can go back to "deck walking" like I used to. I came up with an idea for DoD that was new and appeals to him. Since he has never liked the flat roof above the dining room, why not put in circular stairs up to a new room above the dining room for his "study" or whatever. He even decided that the stairs could go up the tree hole.

Also, he is giving some thought to what appliances we could take home and convert or get a little generator to use. That is if we could not get a decent price for them here. Do hope the shipping/moving cost is not beyond our reach as we have brought over so many things that I want back there as well as some of our new things.

It was such a beautiful, clear day that we went for a walk in the afternoon. The "ice clips" on the bottom of our boots makes it possible. I kept thinking about how much I would miss the mountains then DoD said we could possibly "tough it out" and stay on more years. I found that at once I was coming up with many excuses of why it would not be good to, and reasons for returning to the States. What a mixed up feeling it gives one. I guess part is the fun of a change. Also, DoD spent a lot of time yesterday working on the plan of the room I suggested. Possible to make a master bedroom of it with perhaps even a toilet and basin in it. Always fun to have new plans in the works.

Sauteed the 2 trout filets in clarified butter with just flour on them and they were quite good. They were from the same company as the excellent whole trout we had found at Billa. As usual, these good items, but I guess expensive for the people here, do not reappear in the stores. I am crushed that they all seem to have dropped the Igloo Frozen Mexican Chili. It was not much like chili as it was loaded with red and green bell peppers but was a good dish. Used up the rest of the cauliflower and Hollandaise sauce. DoD had the rest of the mashed potatoes while I had a micro baked potato with sour cream. The only thing I had to use the stove for was the brief frying of the fish.

Enjoying rereading "The Immigrant," so rather than take a chance on getting a headache from reading in bed, and since DoD had nothing on TV to watch, I read in my chair. I had the headache anyhow, even worse than usual by the time I went to bed (about 21.00), so took Tylenol ^ Codeine. That helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home