Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, March 13, 2006

The big one...

Hello from snowed-in Marty! This is the biggest storm in years - I took lots of pictures. Nate went to work only to get there and lose power for several hours. He stayed anyway, because conditions were so bad on the roads. They did get power back about halfway through his work day. He made it home fine and is slaving away outside trying to shovel us out. I got a call at about 7 (after I had already decided not ot go in) from my boss telling me there was no power at my work either, and that he was declaring us closed. First time that has happened since I started working there 12.5 years ago! Anyway, it is quite the impressive storm. I think we got something like 16 or so inches in RF. It has blown into some very deep drifts, as you can (hopefully) see from the pictures.



View out the windows into the back yard - the snow is up to the bottom of the split-rail fence.


Impressive drifts in front of the house.


Nate getting ready to shovel.


The neighbors' even more impressive drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home