Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Stuff (D)

Gainesville

Beautiful spring day here. Yesterday's thunderstorm cleared the air, and it was sunny and cool, with no wind. Made for a nice walk across campus in the late afternoon to pick up the the book I had recalled from remote storage, The Guns of Avalon (the second Amber book).

The crazy people in Cataloging had another of their endless series parties at noon, this one celebrating spring-- a full blown indoor picnic and (for some reason) baroque music. I took advantage of the cacophany to sit in my cubicle and read through my entire presentation with slides for the first time-- about 50 minutes. If I can cut another 5 minutes out of it (and I think I can), I'll probably be okay. And I have a week left to get comfortable with it. It's been a very long time since I did a presentation that lasted an hour-- not since I used to teach classes to library staff on what email was and how to use it. After this ordeal, the 20 minutes in Atlanta should be easy. Easier. I hope. Knock Knock.

Spent an hour or so with My Box. Taking some time this pass to read a few strips that have caught my interest: Harold Teen and The Ripples. I'm through April '48 now.

I adapted one of Leanne's recipes tonight by using a bag of frozen pepper/onion stir fry instead of chopping up my own stuff, and chicken instead of turkey. The latter was marinated just 15 minutes in a simple soy sauce/ ketchup/ garlic/ ginger mixture. I was sure it was going to be dreadful, but Bill loved it. Once I put aside my pre-conceptions, I decided I liked it too. Had it over leftover faux-rice with leftover Tex-Mex slaw and broccoli. Another week of cooking done, and for once, I cooked everything I'd planned to on the planned day. That few hours of pre-prep on Sunday really made a difference.

Nice to hear that The Marty's are Wallace & Gromit fans too. I already knew Sandy & Charlie were, since they introduced me to them. And yes, I corrected my spelling errors in last night's post!

Saturday, November 15, 1952
320th Day--46 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we slept late. Then we got up and did some work. At about 12:30, Bren called and asked us if we would help her and her father leave handbills on the door steps of a certain neighborhood. So for two hours, we walked our legs off. We found some rock candy and ate it tonite. Yum Yum. All clean. Suzy

Sunday, November 16, 1952
321st Day--45 Days to Follow

Dear Diary
This morning we went to Sunday School. There was a communion service. We had a club meeting and everyone but Brenda came. We had committee meetings, rehursed the play and then wrote our scripts. The set committee is doing much better than I had expected. Suzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home