Lotsa Flies

Soares Clan news and views; A continuation of Two Flies. Hoo Ha.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Early but hope I make it to bed before sleep gets me!

25.VI.07 - MoM

You really inherited the baseball genes, Suzy. I can still see my two grandfathers spending long, hot afternoons finding whatever breeze there might be in the open ended drive through of the lumber yard not talking much, just listening to baseball on the little radio. (I spent a lot of time that summer learning to ride on Pa's old bicycle in that same space.) I don't think Lillie was all that excited to spend time in Florida during spring training. Then there were the silent lunches on Delaware during World Series games while Dan was glued to the radio. I had my dedicated period when I spent time in bed when Sandy was "upsetting" my stomach. Some years later, Helen and I spent lots of time watching baseball on their TV set. I have never forgotten the frustration late in the game when home plate was in such deep shadows you were again dependent on the announcers.

I got a little closer to the daisy notes -- while watering on the deck this morning, I picked a few to start a trial layout. I can't do a circle wreath of them as that would be too large to fit on a 4"x 6".

My leg is still giving me more fits that I would like. I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked to, but did get the in house plants to the sink and watered them. Sandy moved the the largest one when she came by to heat their hot dogs in the mikro as Charlie could not get away at noon. She came by on her way home and got the plants that I had watered in the sink back to the front room -- saved me some more trips.

I expect to have X-rays on Wednesday and that they show that things are okay but just one is just slower and more painful. Walking still hurts even tho I am taking a lot of weight off it with my arms on the walker. That, andin turn, is makes my neck hurt.

I am eating well, the V-8 with my cookies and tea for breakfast, a large bowl of macaroni salad from the BBQ. ice cream for lunch, tonight Boost, rotiss chicken and some more of the corn/bean/and other veggie mix from the Wood's party. I was also out of "Salt Bombs," so made up a batch of them.

Late this afternoon, Sandy got my little HP Photo printer working and gave me a very detailed step by step, so now I can print pictures with it. Before, I could only print from the smart card before I had added them to my IPhoto albums on the computer.

I didn't have one of my best nights (still in my chair) last night, so I am going to try to use my bed tonight. Last night, the frequent overturned water glass upset into my tennis shoes. Luckily, I have two matching pairs.

Really am going to bed early. Hope it cools early tonight. Love having the details of daily life in FL and SV, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home